Monday, May 30, 2011

Evora, night of the show

The night of my exhibition everyone from Obras went into Evora to see it and then a big dinner after. I was so happy to have them all there and to be able to share some of what I have been doing, since they see me drag this massive camera around but no prints yet, so the digital prints we were able to mount worked out well.
Erika at the showLucas at the windowThen we all walked over to the Museu de Évora, which is newly renovated and well worth the visit. This is Zakarias in front of the monumental display of paintings moved from their original home in the cathedral at Evora. The paintings date from 1501 in Portugal and highly influenced by Flemish painters of the time. It is breathtaking.Miira Sippola, director of Myllyteatteri, a theater company in Helsinki, FinlandHere are two of my favorites from the collection. This was also commissioned for the cathedral. I imagine that is Jesus floating out of the frame.This is titled, "A woman and a turkey", from around 1794.Oh and there are remains of a Roman temple to Diana across from the museum.

1 comment:

Katarzyna said...

Good pix Strus'.

kas'