Friday, May 13, 2011

Marble

So somehow the post I did yesterday about Marble is gone today? So bizarre, that has never happened before. Either there was a Blogger problem or someone out there really hates marble. I will continue on, you can't stop me you crazy ol internet. Today I went to the quarries again in Estremoz but with my 4x5 and a hat because it is so damn hot here right now. In Portugal they don't seem to mind if you wander into an active factory or whatever so I was in one of the active quarries and when I was done the main gates were locked for siesta. That could be a very long time so a nice man helped me jump over the fence. Adventure! Here are the pictures I shot the other day at the same place. It really is magical to me somehow. We are just carving away at the earth, redistributing it as we see fit. Some of this marble could end up in your next bathroom, or personal monument.

No comments: