Monday, November 2, 2009

les chevaux et les jumelles





Katixa and Alaia

I feel so blessed to have spent a month in France (with a visit or two to Spain), I can't even really believe it. We just returned last night. I will be updating/changing my real website, ewarfield.com to a more cohesive and simple format in the next few weeks as well as going through the 1000+ images I took in October, both digital and film. I don't feel odd to return, and didn't miss New York at all either. Maybe as long as you are with people you want to be with and have something to do, it doesn't matter where you are. It doesn't hurt that France has a attitude towards food I can really wrap my mind around, where not a day goes by without good butter, cheese, saucisson, fruit and vegetables and most importantly, bread.

The horses are Pottok, wild horses native to the Pryenees. They wander where they may and one night showed up after dinner on the lawn at Baptistes' brother Manechs' house in Sare. I was honored to have met them, in fact we ran into these guys quite a bit. Can you imagine if there were wild horses wandering Brooklyn?

No comments: