Friday, July 23, 2010

poem, about being young, written maybe 2001.

This is a shooting star
and I have not traveled far to find it
Listening to all they have to say
is not hard.
When I leave
it will be very obvious
The mastermind
I have left behind
and walked through walls.
What a witness
to have become -
You make it heavier to walk
much faster to talk
and easier to think
of moments
and places to go.
That should be what I am doing all the time
what I am doing
with this borrowed time.
Made drunk.
I remember one instance when I knew exactly what I was doing. It was when I was going to school, at classes, and I fooled them all into it. Learning to drive from the worst teacher and never making complete stops. Being seventeen is great.

1 comment:

Registered Nurse said...

shit, being 17 IS great. i love that last line :)